Thursday, January 3, 2008

Veyron Snowmaker Testimonial


We always love to hear from our customers whether it’s from them making snow at home for the first time or just answering their questions. The other day we received an email from a customer in Virginia who made snow at home for the first time. We were so happy to get the nice long response we asked if we could post it here on our blog. She agreed as long as we removed her full name. Enjoy!

Dear Snowstorm Snowmaking,

I have always been a snow lover, but living in Virginia means that we rarely get snow. I didn’t think it was possible to make snow at home (let alone make snow), but then one night watching TV I saw a documentary on how ski resorts make snow. Right away I went online and started searching to see if I could make snow at home.

I came across a few websites that had plans to make your own snowmaker and other companies that sold snowmaking equipment. I had called two of the companies only to find they did not have anything in stock or that they wanted me to spend a ton of money on the biggest equipment. Since it was late at night I went to bed and decided to sleep on the idea. Although it was going to be expensive I went online to order my snowmaking equipment. I forgot the website so I went back on Google and typed in home snowmaking. Then I found your website, one that I had over looked the night before.

Looking at the products I saw that I could get the same snow output for less money if I bought one of your snowguns. I was a little worried at first, fearing that your machine would be junk since it was less. I was WRONG! Sure, it may not have all the bells and whistles, but it makes snow and lots of it!

I bought the Veyron and within 2 days my order arrived. I unpacked it with excitement and read the instructions. It wasn’t going to be cold for the next few days so that gave me time to get everything ready. The night I went to make snow I was unsure of something and didn’t want to ruin the snowmaker so I held off until I could hear back from you guys. I went in the house and sent an email to you around 9:15PM. Not expecting to hear back from you guys I went in the garage and packed everything away. I came in the house and saw I had the internet still on. Then I realized you had already replied to my question within minutes of emailing you. The email message said my reply came at 9:34PM, which was almost 20 minutes from emailing you. My question was answered and I ran out to make snow.

I decided to not sleep that night and just make snow since the temps were going up later in the week. I figured that I might get in trouble for being sleepy at work, but at least I’d have snow when I got home.

I made snow from 9:55PM until just before 6AM the next morning. The end result was amazing. Over a 110’x25’ (roughly) I had anywhere from 3 inches of snow to 15 inches in the deepest spots with my 3GPM pressure washer. On average I had about 6-7 inches of snow throughout the space. I was IMPRESSED!

I just want to thank everyone at Snowstorm Snowmaking for helping me out, especially late at night. If I would’ve got my snowgun from another company I may have had to wait longer to make snow at home. Because of you guys, I was able to make it that night. The local paper wants to run an article on me the next time it gets cold. If they do, I’ll be sure to send the article to you guys and mention you in the article. Now that I’m addicted to making snow at home, I’m looking to buy another snowmaker from you guys next year when I get another pressure washer! My compressor is already big enough, but I just have to make sure I can flow enough water for two snowguns!

Thanks again,

Brenda M.
Newport News, VA

http://www.snowstormsnowmaking.com/